The Axler Robin 20 Stabilizer S lets you capture smooth, free-floating handheld shots with camcorders and camera rigs weighing up to 7 pounds. The system employs a height-adjustable gimbal and three-stage center column for balancing heavier loads without increasing the weight of the stabilizer, letting you shoot for longer periods of time with less arm fatigue. Four counterweights are included, which fit onto two posts at the base of the stabilizer. The camera platform features a quick-release plate for easy camera attachment, and allows for front-to-back and side-to-side adjustments for quick balancing. Once balanced, the stabilizer isolates the camera from your body movements, letting you walk or even climb stairs, all while capturing smooth, elegant-looking footage. A durable nylon carry case is included for easy storage and transport of the stabilizer and counterweights.
- Base Platform with Retractable Spiked Feet
- The base of the stabilizer features four rubber feet which retract to revel metal spikes, allowing you to safely rest the stabilizer on a variety of surfaces once fatigue sets in. The feet even allow the stabilizer to function as a short monopod, providing added versatility when shooting. Two posts on the base platform accept the included counterweight discs for adjusting the system's center of gravity. The counterweights are secured in place via thumbscrews.
- Adjustable Gimbal
- The height-adjustable gimbal can be positioned anywhere along the center column. This helps you balance heavier loads by moving the gimbal higher up on the column, reducing the amount of counterweight you need. Fewer counterweights means less stress on your arm, which results in longer shooting times before fatigue sets in.
- Three-Stage Center Column
- Before adding more counterweights to the stabilizer, you can extend the center column to help balance your camcorder. The stabilizer has a maximum extended height of 48.75" and a minimum height of 20.25".
- Quick-Release Plate with Easy Balance Adjustment
- A quick-release plate provides a fast way to mount your camera on the stabilizer, and allows you to easily adjust the forward/backward and left/right position of your camera to help achieve perfect balance. The plate is locked in place using a ratchet-style locking lever. The ratcheting feature lets you re-position the lever if your camera position prevents you from fully turning it.
- Textured Rubber Grip
- The stabilizer features textured rubber grip on the handle for comfort and to aid against slippage with sweaty palms. There is also rubber grip on the center-column twist-locks for easier tightening and loosening. The textured surfaces also make them easy to find in low-light situations.
- Additional Features
- Built-in bubble levels on the quick-release plate to assist with balancing
- 1/4" and 3/8" threads on the stabilizer head for storing the 1/4"-20 and 3/8"-16 camera mounting screws when not in use
- Padded carrying case included for easy transport and storage of stabilizer and counterweights
- 1/4"-20 Screw
- 3/8"-16 Screw
- Carry Bag
- 4 x Counterweights
- Limited 1-Year Warranty
- Quick-Release Plate
- Weight Plate